Amwood Homes, headquartered in Janesville, Wisconsin, is the Midwest’s premier panelized custom-home manufacturer. Over the past 50 years, our family-owned company has established a reputation for high-quality construction and custom-home design.
Draftsperson – Janesville, WI | Madison, WI | Remote
Ready to help make dreams come true? Amwood supplies a diverse builder network with custom housing packages that range from first-time buyer homes to leisure cabins and luxury homes. As Draftsperson, you will work with builders to develop, visualize, and create dream home plans for their customer.
We are looking to add to our design department! This opportunity can be based in our Janesville corporate office or in our Madison production facility, with work from home opportunities available once on-site training is completed.
The ideal Draftsperson will have:
- 2+ years of experience in residential design using REVIT required
- 2+ years of experience using MiTek preferred
- Basic knowledge of architectural design and building codes (UDC & IRC)
- Ability to work in a high-volume fast-paced environment
- Be able to read blueprints
- Understand construction concepts and terminologies
- Be able to size construction material under specific conditions and loads
- Good visualization and communication skills
- Deliver positive customer experiences
Amwood delivers homes to a four-state region (WI, IL, MN, and IA). We design, build, and supply housing packages, ranging from first-time buyer homes to leisure cabins and luxury homes, to our network of Amwood-certified builders across the Midwest. Our builders work directly with homeowners to design and construct their custom dream home with our housing packages.
Floor cassettes, wall panels, and trusses are built in our production facilities in Madison, WI and Montezuma, IA, then we deliver and assemble those components at the home site. The entire framing of an Amwood home is completed in just a few days–beating out traditional stick building by weeks!
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Flexible schedule, hybrid or fully-remote opportunity
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Class A CDL Driver – Madison, WI | Montezuma, IA
Amwood Homes drivers safely and efficiently operate a tractor-trailer to deliver loads to job sites throughout the mid-west region. Providing rigging support for crane operators at job sites is another primary duty for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the major functions of this position and are not intended to be a detailed description of all the work/functions that may be required. Other duties may be assigned. Individual will work a varied schedule based on client needs.
- Licensed to drive – valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with a clean driving record.
- Understand and utilize safe lifting techniques to unload and load various materials of all sizes.
- Responsible for transporting loads from one place to another while ensuring no damage is done to the load, property, or personnel.
- Setting up, bracing, and rigging hoisting equipment with the use of variety of relevant tools.
- Actively perform crane rigging signals to the crane operator.
- Secure all loads to the trailers to meet all safety requirements.
- Maintain the basic ability to read construction drawings and construction procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding navigating with local maps.
- Drive trucks with a gross vehicle weight of over 26,000 lbs.
- Transport goods safely, accurately, timely, and in original condition to assigned destination.
- Complete all paperwork assigned per delivery.
- Communicate with logistics supervisor when changes to route, timelines, or schedule occur.
- Accurately track and report working hours.
- Comfortably maneuver and park a tractor-trailer in a variety of locations and situations.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude with team members, customers, builders, and framing crews.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain accurate Driver Logs within FMCDA regulations.
- This job request interstate commerce, crossing state lines.
- Perform all duties in accordance with appropriate safety standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to comply with DOT and CDL regulations
CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES
- Class A CDL from your state of residence
- Valid medical certificate or ability to obtain one upon employment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to stand is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to walk is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to sit is greater than 1/3 of the time.
- Ability to use hands greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to climb or balance is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to talk and hear is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to push or pull up to 50 pounds is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to use close vision (20 inches or less) is greater than 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to travel within the region greater than 2/3 of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- The normal work environment is outdoors on construction sites, with exposure to weather conditions.